Learning Stations Tonight – Gettin’ There Early!

December 6, 2010

Stations of the Cross

I’m excited about tonight’s class…doing Sacraments of Initiation LEARNING STATIONS as I mentioned last week. I did my shopping over the weekend to get the supplies I needed and have them neatly packed into one bag. I called my DRE, Arlene, to ask about getting into the building a little earlier than usual…I think I’ll need about 45 minutes to get everything organized. I look forward to giving you a full and detailed report tomorrow on how things turn out! Hope your second week of Advent is off to a great start!

Joyce Donahue

, , ,

14 Responses to “Learning Stations Tonight – Gettin’ There Early!”

1. Shelly Conlon Says:

Good luck, Joe! The lesson, like always, sounds wonderful! I can’t wait to hear about it.

2. Shirley Says:

Joe, you are an inspiration to us! You actually shopped days in advance of the event… and it all fits in one bag!??? And you only need 45 minutes to set up! I have printed out your Sacraments of Initiation Event in order to “study it” and “analyze it” and….can I really do this here???? God Bless you! Can’t wait to see how this turns out….May God Bless you, your staff, and all participants with a most delightful event!

This comment came via email from Pat:

This looks like a wonderful hands-on activity. As a DRE I’m anxious to see how your lesson goes. I have downloaded the lesson plan and plan to give it to my 4th & 5th grade teachers and challenge them to do it in January [This will give them the time to put it all together] – once I find out how you made out! Thanks for being a “guinea” pig for all us catechists – and then sharing your experiences as well!

Pat Pasternak
    Holy Trinity Parish
    Fall River

Hey, who you calling a pig?! Just kidding! :) I’m happy to test these things out and then share the results, good, bad, and ugly!

4. Joyce Guris Says:

Awesome activity. Will definitely try with our OCI-C Children on their retreat; but we’ll still have to bake our own bread. Thanks Joe! Love the photo… you look like I feel!

5. Charlene Prisinzano Says:

Joe,
    This is just wonderful. I printed out the lesson for my catechists. Thank you, God Bless and Merry Christmas!

6. Carina Says:

Joe,
    Once again, great idea!! Thanks for sharing as always, I will try to do this with my 6th/7th grade class.

I need to be more organized as you :-)

Carina

7. Sandra Deuel Weiks Says:

Hi Joe,
    I love the Sacraments of Initiations Stations. Do you have anything for the other 4 Sacraments?

Sandra, I didn’t do learning stations for the other 4 sacraments. I suggest you click on the Categories button on the right side of my home page, just past the halfway point, and browse through my posts that are tagged for Liturgy and the Sacraments. You should find some things I did on the other 4 sacraments.