Practice Makes Catholic – Free Webinar

April 20, 2011

Practice Makes Catholic

Practice Makes Catholic | FREE Webinar from Loyola Press

Facilitator: Joe Paprocki, DMin
Brought to you by Loyola Press, A Jesuit Ministry

Wednesday, May 11, 20117:00 – 8:00 p.m. (CST)

[Find out what time this is for you.]

Catholicism is a unique way of seeing. As catechists and religion teachers, we impart this way of seeing to others. The Catholic vision is characterized by the following:

• a sense of sacramentality
  • a commitment to community
  • a respect for the dignity of human life and a commitment to justice
  • a reverence for Tradition
  • a disposition to faith and hope and not despair

In this Webinar, Joe Paprocki, DMin, will draw from his new book, Practice Makes Catholic: Moving from a Learned Faith to a Lived Faith, to unpack these unique characteristics of Catholic identity and will show how catechists and religion teachers can integrate practical ideas in their classes to make them more “Catholic.”

Joe Paprocki, is an author, a speaker, and a fourth-grade catechist in the Archdiocese of Chicago with over 30 years of experience in pastoral ministry. Joe, national consultant for faith formation at Loyola Press, is the author of numerous books, including the best-selling The Catechist’s Toolbox and A Well-Built Faith. He is also the host of the blog Catechist’s Journey.

Register for this free Webinar today by clicking here.

Please continue to visit Joe’s blog for future Webinar dates.If you would like to receive Joe’s blog posts by
e-mail, click here.

If you have additional questions about these Webinars, please contact me at freyer@loyolapress.com.

Sincerely,
Carrie Freyer
Religion Product Manager

Brought to you byLoyola Press

, , , , , ,

19 Responses to “Practice Makes Catholic – Free Webinar”

1. Jennifer Says:

Hi. I’d love to participate but I’m a US citizen living in Berlin, Germany at the moment. Any chance this will be offered on YouTube after the live version is over?

Hi Jennifer! A recording of the Webinar will be available on my blog within a week or so after the live broadcast. Stay tuned!

2. Susan Says:

Hi Joe,
    Good to hear that a recording will be available – I have a commitment May 11 that I can’t get out of. I hate missing the webinar – always such good stuff!

3. Sr. Carolyn Mendoza Cabahug, FMA Says:

PEACE from our RISEN LORD! ALLELUIA!!!

Sorry, I do not have a personal or class website, however, I have also great interest in making my Religion Class more Catholic, that is, more fully alive & more meaningful to every single child in my class.

I do appreciate and very much thankful for the work of evangelization you have been doing for the building-up of the Kingdom of God. May HE bless you & your team in abundance always and keep all of you in HIS MERCIFUL LOVE.

4. Patricia Hohensee Says:

Just making sure I’m registered for the webnar Wed.

Patricia

5. sr. sofia f dalagan,mcst Says:

Hello JOe!

Thank you so much for your dedications in helping build the Kingdom of God here on earth… I always admire and appreciate catechist like you. God bless you for your endeavors…God love you more.

6. sr. sofia f dalagan,mcst Says:

Iam very sorry, I have no webnar.. we are in a remote place in the province of Bukidnon, Mindanao, Philippines.

Sr. Sofia, you must have some access to the Internet if you’re visiting my blog. If you have access to the Internet, you should be able to participate in the Webinar or at least view the recording of it that will be available in the days to follow.

7. Cathy Lausell Says:

We have Faith Formation on wednesday evenings…very glad to know that a recording will be available for us to see since we cannot participate in the webinair on Catholic Identity. Many thanks!
    Cathy

8. Joyce Says:

Will the information in the webinar be applicable to lower grades – specifically 2nd grade? Joyce

9. Jan Says:

Just to clarify….will the web seminar be presented to Arizona at 5:00 p.m. Right? Between Cst and Cdt…it is confusing.

10. susana barbara Says:

Hi! would you send me the link where I can find the webinar recording? Thanks and God Bless.

Greetings from Tijuana, Mexico.

Hi Susana and thanks for the ministry you’re doing in Tijuana! The recording will be available on my blog within a week or so. Stay tuned and a link will be provided!