In this segment of Catechists in Action, 2nd grade catechist Katie Elwood explains to her class what it means to be a member of a parish community. Watch as she…
- directs the children to fill out a page in their book about where they were baptized.
- talks about what a parish community is
- calls the kids back to attention when their attention wavers (she does so firmly but without losing her enthusiastic and friendly voice)
- prepares the children to go over to church for a tour led by the pastor
- reminds the children to be reverent, to bless themselves with holy water (“do not put your whole hand in!”), and to genuflect to the Blessed Sacrament in the tabernacle.