In this segment of Catechists in Action, we do something a little different. I interrupted the session to ask the 8th grade students what they like about their catechist, Chris Brett. Watch for the following:
- Chris jokes about liking his class because 2 guys who cause trouble are absent that night!
- Kids respond by saying that they like that he doesn’t scream at them, he makes learning fun, he never sends them down to the DRE’s office but only threatens to do so, he makes sure that everyone understands before he moves on, he never gives homework, he looks like he really wants to be there and enjoys being with them.
- I offer some personal testimony of my knowledge of Mr. Brett’s effectiveness as a catechist.
- Chris talks about having a very good class and having a natural relationship with them that allows them to ask questions.
- I compliment the kids on being a good class and tell them I wish I had them as a class.
- The kids say goodbye! 🙂
Thanks, Chris, for allowing us to enjoy your excellent teaching style!