Believe it or not, tonight I play the role of the “tech guy” for the Lenten Reconciliation prayer service taking place in church! I will be on hand for both the early and the late sessions, manning the laptop and LCD projector for the following video elements included in the prayer experience:
- showing images of people being served by Operation Rice Bowl as their stories are read aloud
- opening song (video): Hosea – Come Back to Me
- Video Examination of Conscience
- Images of Jesus Powerpoint reflection while children are going to confession (sorry, can’t share this…copyright issues)
- Closing song (video): Amazing Grace
Thanks to my DRE, Arlene, for providing me the opportunity to try these approaches. I think it will help the children to participate. It’s frustrating when we try to sing a song with no instrumental accompaniment and the children don’t pick up the hymnals to sing along…I think the video songs with lyrics on the screen will help. Likewise, children often tune out during an examination of conscience that is words alone, so helpfully the video examination will help. Pray that all goes well!