I love that phrase! “You’ll never repent a Lent well-spent!”
My wife heard that from one of the Marist brothers she teaches with at Marist HS in Chicago so I couldn’t resist “re-appropriating” it! How true it is: if we make the most of this Lenten season, we’ll not regret it.
And now, with Ash Wednesday upon us, we officially enter into the Lenten season, 2013. A great big THANK YOU to all who participated in my Lenten Webinar: Lent in a Year of Faith! A recording of it will be available here on my blog within a week’s time for those of you who missed it or for those who want to share it with a friend. May we all use this Lenten season during this Year of Faith to become more effective proclaimers of the Gospel in word and deed.
I’m happy to point you to a bevy of Lenten resources that are available to assist you in your ministry and in your own spirituality:
- 40 Ideas for 40 Days from Joe Paprocki
- My Lenten Calendar – 40 Crosses – English
- My Lenten Calendar – 40 Crosses – Spanish
- Lent FAQ Video
- What’s That on Your Forehead?
- A Year of Faith Online Retreat
- Days of Faith Kit
- Loyola Press Lenten Offerings
- The Seven Last Words
- Living Lent Daily
- Ash Wednesday
- Lent Articles
- Lent Videos
- The Stations of the Cross
- Lent Activities and Resources
- Online Prayers and Retreats
- A Book of Lenten Prayers
- Praying Freedom: A Book of Lenten Meditations
- Beyond the Catechist’s Toolbox: Catechesis That Not Only Informs but Also Transforms – by Joe Paprocki