Preparing for October – Month of the Holy Rosary: A Free PowerPoint!

My friend and colleague, Carrie Freyer, and I cooked up a new idea for this year! We’re providing FREE POWERPOINT PRESENTATIONS throughout the year that focus on the seasons and feasts of the Church’s liturgical calendar!

Each month, you’ll be able to conveniently download a PowerPoint presentation on an upcoming season or feast of the Church year to use in your catechetical setting. Each PowerPoint includes a script to assist you in effectively leading your students to a deeper understanding of these seasons and feasts.

This month, we are happy to offer a PowerPoint presentation on October: The Month of the Holy Rosary! To download the Rosary PowerPoint from Authorstream, click on the link above or the image below. I look forward to your feedback! (Spanish version coming soon!)

October

, , , ,

24 Responses to “Preparing for October – Month of the Holy Rosary: A Free PowerPoint!”

1. Veronica Says:

Hi, Joe!! This is a GREAT PowerPoint!! I love how you used an art museum as an analogy for the Rosary. I can see myself using this with my second-graders and I think they’ll understand. I would like to know what you would say for the second slide, with the football and jack-o-lantern pictures. I guess we could just “wing it”, yes? Looking forward to the future PowerPoints!!

HI Veronica and thanks for the great feedback! I’m sure your 2nd graders will love it. There is a script with the PPT…view it in NOTE PAGES view to see the script. The script is also on the Authorstream Web site. Let me know if you’re having trouble finding it.

Correction: I see now that the transcript of the text on the slides is what is shown on the Authorstream page…you have to download the PPT and view in NOTES PAGES view to see the script.

• Daniel Ward Says:

Hi Joe,
          Thank you very much for sharing this resource.
          Dan Ward
          Most Holy Redeemer

You’re welcome Dan! Hope things at MHR are going well and that you continue to “breakthrough” each year in your ministry. Did I see you at Mass St. Cajetan on the weekend or was that your long lost identical twin?

• Veronica Says:

Hello! I was looking over the PowerPoint and found the Notes Pages feature with the script! I plan to use this PowerPoint on Oct. 5th, which is right before Oct. 7th! I’m really excited about teaching my little ones about the Rosary…thanks again for this great resource!

2. Christine Says:

Joe, hi, it was really great. To receive this email on the powerpoint has been encouraging. Next Saturday with God’s help, I’m beginning a Rosary Prayer Group in my parish. It has been in the works since May and will finally be a reality. I’m really looking forward to get everyone to learn about and say the Rosary. God willing it will be a weekly prayer group. This will help my fourth graders too.

Everyone have a faith-filled teaching year.
    Thanks!!!

3. Sandy Says:

I can’t seem to download this ppt. When I click on download it asks me about FB? Is there a way to just download this like a document?

Thanks – Sandy

4. Lori C Says:

We have rosary events all through the month of October and this timing is really wonderful. I have used the same powerpoint that goes over the history of the rosary and will add some of those slides to the program to round it out. Ours ends up being about an hour with the presentation and saying of the rosary. A great tip for your readers too – we use cupcakes in a large rosary shape to represent the different beads – i.e. white with a blue cross for “hail mary’s”, blue with a white cross for “our fathers”. the representation is a great visual tool and an incentive for children to hang on till the end for a great reward!

An edible Rosary! What a creative idea!

• Daniel Ward Says:

Thanks for the idea about the cupcakes, I have a seventh grade class of about 12. I am going to set the introduction and just one decade using the cupcakes as a visual, I will ask kids to switch positions at the end of each decade. Once we complete the entire rosary they can have a little treat. I love the idea.
      tahnks

5. Julie Wieleba-Milkie Says:

Joe – what a wonderful idea! I loved the comparisons you made at the beginning. Very easy for the kids to relate to. I look forward to future PowerPoints.

6. Brenda Lee Says:

I am having trouble finding the script for the rosary download. Could it be emailed to me?

Brenda, when you download the Powerpoint and open it up, click on the VIEW tab in the toolbar at the top. Then, click on the NOTES PAGES view and you should see the script. Let me know if you’re still having trouble.

• Brenda Lee Says:

I do not have the notes page in my view tab,,,,but, when is scrolled down below the rosary pic, they were there. Any way print these? For me, it comes up a blank page..thank you so much for your patience with this “needs more computer skills” gal.

7. JNBarros Says:

Hi. I would love to use this on our St. Mel website. Could you email it to me as I am unable to log into Authorstream with Facebook here at the Parish.

JNBarros, you do not need to have a FB account to access it. You can sign up directly with authorSTREAM which would be a good idea since there are more PowerPoints coming from me as the year goes on!

8. Samantha Says:

Beautiful powerpoint! I know it will be a great tool for my class as an introduction to the Rosary. Thank you so much for making it available! God bless :)

9. suziette Says:

Awesome. It was simple and clear. thanks