With Lent coming upon us very soon, it’s a good idea to begin thinking about how best to observe this wonderful season of renewal. Too often, it seems, we rack our brains trying to think of what to do during Lent when the formula is laid out for us: we are to pray, fast, and give alms. While that may sound like the “same old, same old,” it’s important to know that these three practices, aka, the Lenten disciplines, have a domino effect, which means that when we introduce these practices into our daily routine, they carry over into other aspects of our lives and foster other good habits. In this episode of Pop-Up Catechesis, we explore the domino effect of prayer, fasting, and almsgiving.
For more information about Lent, check out the following links:
- Holiness Habits for Lent
- Keystone Habits: How Change (Conversion) Happens
- Ash Wednesday and Lent: Holiness Is a Habit
- The Lenten Disciplines: Prayer, Fasting, Almsgiving
- Lent: Resources for Your Lenten Journey
- Praying Lent: Renewing Our Lives on the Lenten Journey
- The Ignatian Workout for Lent
- Sacred Space for Lent 2021
Thank you for this visual and very effective Catechesis moment! I always look forward to reading them and putting them into practice. God bless you Joe!