NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Sponsor. Ascension to Pentecost: The First Novena Poster and Book Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Loyola Press, 3441 N. Ashland Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60657 (“Loyola Press” or “Sponsor”).
2. Eligibility. The Promotion is open to persons at least 18 years of age as of the start of the Entry Period (defined below), and who submit a valid entry as provided herein (collectively “Participants”). Employees of Sponsor, their subsidiaries, affiliates and agents, and the immediate family (defined as parents, children, siblings and husband or wife) of each such employee, together with those with whom such employees are domiciled, are not eligible to participate. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Participant if Sponsor determines that Participant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt of prize would violate local law. Participants may be required to submit confirmation of their eligibility.
3. Agreement to Official Rules. Participation in the Promotion constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules.
4. To be eligible, Participant must complete the sign-up form at https://catechistsjourney.loyolapress.com/2015/04/ascension-to-pentecost-the-first-novena-free-poster-and-booklet/ by 23 April, 2015.
Multiple Entries from the same person will not be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible or misdirected Entries, which may be disqualified, or for any error, human, technical or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules.
5. The Promotion begins on 22 April, 2015 at 7:00 a.m. U.S. Central Daylight Saving Time (CDT) The deadline date is 23 April, 2015 7:00 a.m. (CDT) (“Promotion Period”).
6. Winner Selection
On or around 8:00 a.m. CDT on 23 April, 2015, Sponsor will select five (5) winners at random from all eligible Entries. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible Entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Limit one (1) prize per person.
Ascension to Pentecost: The First Novena Poster and Book Giveaway Prizes include the following prize package:
One (1) Ascension to Pentecost: The First Novena POSTER (Approximate Retail Value $25.00 USD), and
One (1) Novenas: Prayers of Intercession and Devotion BOOK by William G. Storey (Approximate Retail Value $9.95 USD).
Prizes are not transferable. No cash or other substitutes for prizes are available, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute different prizes of equal or greater value. Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and conclusive in all matters relating to the Promotion.
The reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner(s). Any applicable forms will be filed with the appropriate taxing authority. Potential winners may be required to provide tax identification information to Sponsor for tax reporting purposes.
8. Winner Confirmation, Prize Notification and Delivery. Each potential winner will be notified via the email address provided by Participant at the time of entry. Failure to comply with any term or condition in these Official Rules may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. All prizes will be awarded. Allow up to twelve (12) weeks for shipment of prize. Potential winner(s) may waive their right to receive a prize, in which case an alternate winner will be selected in the manner described above.
9. Publicity. Except where prohibited by applicable law, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of his/her name and country of residence, likeness, photograph, statements made by the winner about the Promotion, Sponsor, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
11. Release. Except where prohibited, by receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, lawyers, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. The Released Parities are not responsible for any products or service offered by third parties.
12. General Conditions. All entries become the property of Sponsor, and none will be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if fraud, technical failures, sabotage, security breach, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Promotion as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for:
(1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion;
(2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software;
(3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion;
(4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries;
(5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail or garbled or misdirected email; or
(6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
14. Disputes. Entrants agree that any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees and under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of each Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
15. Winners List and Official Rules. For a copy of the winners list and/or these Official Rules email a request no later than August 2015 to: marketing@LoyolaPress.com.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. © 2015 Loyola Press, Inc. All rights reserved.