The Latest from the Dogma Dogs

Here’s a little something from the Dogma Dogs which provides songs of Catholicism for kids. Whattaya think? I have their CD but have never used it in class yet.

13 Responses to “The Latest from the Dogma Dogs”

1. Patti Bates Says:

I liked the Liturgy of the Eucharist from Dogma Dogs because it’s interactive and it would be great to get my students moving more and singing so my lesson would be more balanced and in turn they’d be getting more out of the lesson.

2. Cathy Says:

I’ve not listened to this yet, but I did a test drive of an earlier CD with kids and the verdict was “Please make it stop!!!!”

That’s so funny Cathy! I think that’s why I’ve hesitated to use the CD myself…I pictured them cringing. Some folks seem to know how to use it to their advantage. I’m not one of ‘em! That’s why I thought I’d ask what people feel about it before I gave it any thumbs up or down myself.

3. Cathy Says:

OK, now that I have listened to it, it is much worst than the first. I have a problem with making the faith laughable.

4. sandi Says:

Like the idea and would like a DVD so that kids could learn the motions so I don’t have to teach them but it was hard to understand their singing. I don’t feel it was disrepectful and would use it with First Communion class but only in a good quality DVD.

5. Theresa Says:

We LOVE the Dogma Dogs! I have used the Trinity song with preschoolers/kindergarteners for the past couple of years and even 3-yr-olds can remember the words. We have also used our own version of the Ten Commandments song they do to teach the commandments to preschoolers; some of them know the commandments better than their older siblings. I have been disappointed that the Dogma Dogs haven’t put out another CD. The songs are a fun way to introduce kids to basic doctrine. I can maybe see older students cringing, but I don’t feel that it’s in any way making the faith laughable. There are all different kinds of learners, and for some kids, hearing info set to music works wonders.

6. Cathy Says:

The trick might be using this with preschool/kindergarten. I tried it on ten year olds and they were not receptive.

7. Jenn Says:

The music seems like it would be good for Pre-K, but the topic seems too mature for Pre-K.

8. Mary Frances Says:

I like this format for teaching children, they love to sing with music and good direction. But, I like to see more respect rather than children moving in provocative ways. Perhaps holding hands and swaying side to side would be better. thanks

9. AMy Says:

What’s provocative about the movements? I don’t see it.

10. Ruth Says:

I love the Dogma Dogs I have used the Lent song for a few years for my 1st grade CCD the kids love it! It is a refreshing break and the children love moving around the room to the music. I also like the Trinity song …. it fits in well at St Patrick’s day time to explain how he taught the Trinity using a 3 leaf clover.