PDFs from “Teaching During a Year of Faith” Webinar

Here again are the PDFs that I made available after last evening’s Webinar, “Teaching During a Year of Faith” (a recording of the Webinar will be available here in just a few days!)

Classroom Covenant

Chart for Praying the Nicene Creed Leading to Memorization

Practical Suggestions for Practicing the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy

Resources for Leading Guided Reflections

Social Justice Organization Websites

PLUS, here’s a new one that I put together as a result of the Webinar! I invited participants to share how young people in their religious education programs are experiencing service and I received well over 100 great responses. I’ve compiled them into a 4-page handout that you can download as a PDF so that you can identify a variety of ways to engage young people in service during the Year of Faith and beyond!

Service Experiences for Religious Education

, , , , ,

14 Responses to “PDFs from “Teaching During a Year of Faith” Webinar”

1. Linda Biel Says:

Hi Joe, Thanks so much for all the ideas! The Webinar was great! I’m moving to 3rd grade and can use many of your ideas. I really like making the class more like Mass and am going to concentrate on this for the kids. I think your deep voice mesmerized my dog! He laid right next to me doing the whole thing, usually he is downstairs with my husband! Maybe he was trying to figure out where you were.

2. Cathy Hanrahan Says:

Joe,
    Thanks so much for the webinar last night. It was great and I got a lot of great ideas that I plan to share at our rel ed meeting tonight. I do have a question. The quote you gave near the end about a relationship with God and going beyond the threshold of curiosity. Could you give me the whole quote and where it came from. I want to share it with the other catechists and I did not get it all written down.
    Again, thanks for all you and Loyola Press do to help catechist.
    Cathy

Thanks for the great feedback, Cathy! Here’s the quote and source:
      “Those who don’t believe in a personal God and the possibility of a relationship with that God will never be able to move beyond the threshold of curiosity.” (Sherry Weddell, Forming Intentional Disciples)

• Cathy Says:

Joe,

I know you are busy so I really appreciate your response. I hope you have a great year with your rel ed group and I hope you continue to host these webinars. They really help me with practical ideas and spiritual support.

Cathy

3. Bob Sullivan Says:

Thank You, I’m starting as a catechist, very meaningful resources

4. Julie Kleindl Says:

Hi Joe. Thank you for the Year of Faith webinar. I hope to share some of what I learned with our catechists at our upcoming training.
    Also, I can’t seem to open the service experience pdf.

Just another idea, I would like to offer a listing of your webinars to our catechists to possibly explore on their own. Would you have a listing of all of them anywhere?

Hi Julie and thanks for the great feedback. I’ll email the service pdf to you in hopes that it will open. As for my Webinars, they are all archived/listed here on my blog. Go to the Webinars tab above and you’ll find them all there.

5. Lindsay Firzlaff Says:

Hi Joe,
    I watched your webinar recording yesterday and I got so many great ideas for my upcoming 5th grade class! Last year was my first year of teaching and I found that I learned a lot about myself, but more importantly, I learned so much more about my faith while preparing the lesson plans. I’m anxious to implement some of your ideas now! Thanks again for a great presentation!

6. Joyce Chiantella Says:

I live in New Orleans and during the webinar lost power due to Hurricane Isaac. I am very grateful that you made the webinar available so soon because I thought it was very informative and I did not think I was going to be able to hear the rest of it again. Thanks for your prayers at the beginning of the webinar, it helped to know others were praying for our safety. God bless you and your ministry.

7. Kathy Burr Says:

Hi Joe,
    I am having trouble finding the recording of the webinar “Teaching During a Year of Faith.” It is not listed under my Webinar tab. Can you help, please?

Thanks & Blessings!