Here’s my plan for this evening’s session:
- We will complete the church history Powerpoint that we began last week (we have 2 more time periods to go through).
- Throughout the Powerpoint, the young people have been filling in a note-taking sheet with pertinent names and dates.
- When we are finished, we’ll review the info on the note-taking sheets and then I’ll arrange them into 5 small groups (2 or 3 in each group) and assign each group one of the 5 periods in church history that we’ve covered in the Powerpoint.
- They’ll have 5 minutes to prepare a brief presentation on their time period, telling us what years they are covering and what events took place and their significance.
- To prepare, they may use their note-taking sheets.
- For their presentations, however, they will not be able to use their sheets, so that they will need to speak in their own words.
This activity will be my form of assessment to see how well they have comprehended the material covered in the timeline presentation over the past 2 weeks. It is also another way of ensuring that the young people are actively engaged in their learning and not just passive.
Our reflective prayer this evening is a meditation on images of Jesus (another Powerpoint!) that I’ve collected over time and set to music. The focus will be on how Jesus has been experienced over the 2000+ years of church history and how we experience the same living Christ today!
P.S. For a good site of Jesus Images, visit http://www.passionist.org/prc/gallery/
Leave a Reply