I am proud to announce the availability of my (previously out-of-print) video, Welcome to God’s Library, on DVD!
In the year 2000, I filmed a video titled Welcome to God’s Library which provided a basic introduction to the Bible for Catholics (intermediate/junior high through adult). The video summarizes the thrust of my book God’s Library. Several years ago, this video and the original edition of the book went out of print. Since then, I’ve been receiving inquiries from people interested in buying copies of the video (especially since Loyola Press published a new version of the book, God’s Library: A Catholic Introduction to the World’s Greatest Book in 2005)
So here’s what I did: I worked with my son, Mike, who is a videographer, to update the master copy of the video so that it is up to date (except for the fact that I look 8 years younger than I am now!) and refers to the new edition of the book. We then transferred it to DVD.
I am now making this DVD available for $15, which is HALF of what it cost when it was available on VHS! You can order copies by sending me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, providing me with your name, shipping address, and quantity and I’ll get back to you with details.
Here is a description of the DVD (42 minutes):
This video is for those who are interested in deepening their knowledge and familiarity with the Bible.
- DREs may use this video for catechist formation
- individuals can use it in the privacy of their own home for independent study
- parish leaders can use it as a formation experience for parish ministers
- pastoral staffs can use it as an introduction to parish Bible study
- RCIA teams can use it as part of the catechumenate’s introduction to Scripture
- youth ministers can use it to introduce adolescents to the Bible
- catechists can use it to introduce intermediate and junior high students to the Bible
The DVD consists of 3 parts. Part One is an introduction and overview:
- comparison to using a library
- how the Bible is arranged
- How to choose a Bible
- How to use the Table of Contents
- How to use Scripture citation to locate passages
Part Two covers the Old Testament:
- How to use the God’s Library bookmarks to become more familiar with the sections of the Bible
- exploration of the arrangement of the Old Testament
- overview of the highlights found in the 4 sections of the Old Testament: Pentateuch, History, Wisdom, Prophets
Part Three covers the New Testament:
- continuation of how to use the God’s Library bookmarks
- overview of the highlights found in the 4 sections of the New Testament: Gospels, Acts of the Apostles, Letters, Revelation
- the importance of footnotes
- how to pray the Bible
- tips for where to begin reading the Bible
- introduction to the Lectionary
I’m happy to finally make this resource available again to so many of you who asked. Thanks!
hello Joe this sonds intresting I would like a copy thank you. Linda
Another step forward for God through us!!!
sounds great. how can I purchase??? kieran
Kieran & Linda, I’ll be in touch about ordering copies.