- Arrange the young people in pairs and invite them to brainstorm a list of temptations that young people their age can try to avoid during Lent. (Examples: gossiping, calling people names, being lazy, and so on.)
- Then, have them identify strategies for resisting temptation. (Examples: praying, doing another activity to avoid thinking about the temptation, talking to a parent, teacher, or older friend/relative, and so on.)
- Have each pair report their ideas to the whole group.
- Encourage the young people to make an effort to resist these temptations during Lent.
- Invite volunteers to read aloud Mark 1: 12–15 (Jesus’ temptation in the wilderness).
- Emphasize that during Lent, we can go to Jesus to ask for help in resisting temptations, because he understands and can help us to be strong.