With Ash Wednesday being only two weeks from tomorrow, I thought that now would be a good time to offer you a brief video titled Lent FAQ with Joe Paprocki. It includes some simple answers to some of the frequently asked questions about the Lenten season.
- Why do we have a season of Lent?
- Why is Lent 40 days?
- Why do we start Lent by wearing ashes?
- Why do we practice prayer, fasting, and giving alms during Lent?
- Why do we give things up during Lent?
- Why do we give up meat on Fridays during Lent?
- Why is purple the color of Lent?
- Why do we pray the Stations of the Cross during Lent?
- Is Lent a sad or somber time?
By all means, please pass along the link to this video to your fellow catechists and to anyone associated with your religious education program (the kids, the parents, etc.)