We’ve had the privilege of watching 7th grade catechist Dan Ward in action over the past week or so…thanks Dan for inviting us into your classroom! Listen now as Dan reflects on his experience, especially…
- his frustration with kids not going to Mass
- his goal of doing the Mass Flip-books and his frustration at not being able to do it because of a change of schedule
- running out of time to do a mock confession
- the fact that his schedule lacks consistency (no more than 2 weeks in a row in the classroom)
- his success at having his students find passages in the Bible
- his goals and dreams that he’s been unable to accomplish this year
- his realistic goals for upcoming classes
What of Dan’s experiences, thoughts, reflections, and frustrations resonate with you?
“no more than 2 weeks in a row in the classroom”
Man that’s tough. I can count on being able to use all 28 class periods when I set up my syllabus in the summer.