In this segment of Catechists in Action, seventh-grade catechist Dan Ward teaches the young people about the Sacrament of Reconciliation in preparation for celebrating the sacrament the following week. Watch as Dan:
- deals with the reality that few of his students go to Reconciliation outside of R.E. class.
- talks about how important it is to “bring our sins to the table.”
- explains the nature of sin and personal responsibility.
- introduces an examination of conscience and talks about his own experience.
- reads through the examination aloud with help from volunteers.