In this segment of Catechists in Action, we once again join 2nd grade catechist Katie Elwood as she prepares her children for their First Holy Communion. Watch as Katie…
- talks about the Sacrament of Baptism
- asks the children to name how many sacraments there are
- asks the children to name the 7 sacraments
- invites her aide to give a clue about Matrimony saying, “what happens when you’re older….your mom and dad did what?” Incredibly, a child responds “Get divorced!”
- asks, “BEFORE the divorce?!” while laughing off the unexpected response.
- reviews the Sacrament of Reconciliation and tells the children they will see the confessional and reconciliation room when they go for their tour of the church
- talks about the Sacrament of Holy Orders and the Anointing of the Sick.
- reviews all 7 Sacraments one more time