In this segment of Catechists in Action, Marge Garbacz invites Bernie, one of her RCIA team members to read aloud the Gospel for the upcoming Sunday and then to share some thoughts on it. Watch for the following:
- Marge clearly announces what is to take place next, the proclamation and discussion of the Gospel for the upcoming Sunday, and then turns it over to Bernie…a nice sharing of responsibility and utilization of the gifts of one of her team members
- Bernie proclaims the Gospel story of the Man Born Blind
- Following the reading, Bernie shares some thoughts about the story of the Man Born Blind
- Bernie relates the Scripture reading to the lives of the catechumens and candidates, focusing on the cost of discipleship
- Bernie concludes with some final thoughts from St. Paul about fanning the flame of our faith.
Leave a Reply