I had a wonderful few days in San Diego at the National Conference for Catechetical Leadership (NCCL). I had the honor and privilege of doing a presentation drawing from my book 7 Keys to Spiritual Wellness and had a wonderful audience…thanks folks for being so receiving!
There were many highlights along the way including:
- Leisa Anslinger emphasizing the importance of relationships in catechetical formation.
- Martha Fernandez-Sardina reminding us that “it’s the MESSAGE, stupid!”
- John Roberto telling us that, with the digital revolution, catechetical leaders will become “curators” of catechetical formation.
- Jonathan Sullivan serving as our “techno-theologian” to “scout” the future which is HERE!
- Dr. Marcellino D’Ambrosio reminding us that grace leads to supernatural acts such as loving our enemies.
- Ann Garrido reminding us that the Resurrection was an act of love – “God could not stand the thought of remaining in the grave and being separated from us.”
- Jack Jezreel urging us to use our eyes to see grace present in the world, especially in those normally outside of our circle of comfort. (he drew from a beautiful song by Bryan Sirchio: “I See You”)
Best of all was networking with friends, old and new, especially Tom Quinlan, Richard Drabik, Bill Huebsch, Roseann Coffey, Julianne Donlon, Adrian Alberto Herrera, Luis Ramirez, Joyce Donahue, Marge Garbacz, Terry Navarro, Cathy Walz, Mark Buckley, Jim Gontis, Ken Ogorek, Dan Mulhall, Cris Villapondo, (I encountered numerous others however these are the folks I had a chance to spend some time with) and all of my friends and colleagues from Loyola Press.
Next year, we’re in Cleveland, OH! (Rock n Roll Museum!!!) – May 19-23, 2013.