A very blessed All Souls Day to you!
Catholics refer to the month of November as the “Month of the Holy Souls in Purgatory” – an opportunity to take the spirit of All Souls Day (November 2) and to observe it all month long, recalling those who have gone before us marked with the sign of faith.
Many parishes provide what they call a Wall of Remembrance, often a bulletin board in the church vestibule, in which they invite parishioners to post pictures of deceased loved ones along with their names so that they can be remembered in a special way throughout the month. With that in mind, I am happy to invite you to participate in a Virtual Wall of Remembrance that Loyola Press is hosting on our Catholic Faith Formation Facebook page. Here’s how to participate:
- Just visit the Our Catholic Faith Facebook Page.
- Next, go to the status bar that says “Write something…”
- Click “Photo/Video” and choose your file.
- Then write your caption in the status bar and include the hashtag #WallofRemembrance at the end of your caption. This tag will help us see who’s sharing photos for our album.
- Then click Post, and you’re all set!
I will share the Facebook album of all our pictures on my blog once it’s up. Thank you for taking the time to share your loved ones with us.
Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.
Leave a Reply