For this week’s session, we will finish our exploration of the great Exodus story!
BIG IDEA: God Leads His People from Slavery in Egypt to Freedom
PRELIMINARY (15 mins)
- Begin with opening procession to O Come, O Come, Emmanuel (Aaron Shust).
- Opening prayer ritual
- Quiz on the first 3 Commandments (Commandments Quiz 1 to 3)
ENGAGE (10 mins)
- Review questions 1 through 8 on the Prince of Egypt Video Discussion Guide
- Pick up discussion of RIGHTEOUS ANGER to explain how God’s use of the ten plagues is intended as a corrective action to persuade Pharaoh to stop oppressing the Hebrew people. God’s action is on the side of the powerless. God provides numerous opportunities to Pharaoh to repent. Only AFTER it is obvious that Pharaoh has no intention of abiding by God’s will does God unleash his wrath. Talk about how you would feel if you were being wronged (bullied, perhaps) and someone you thought loved you stood by and did nothing!
EXPLORE (30 mins)
- Scripture reading: Ex 6:2-8 (I will rescue you)
- Show remaining 15 minutes of The Prince of Egypt
- Complete questions 9 through 14 on the Prince of Egypt Video Discussion Guide
- End by making a connection between the Passover and the Eucharist.
REFLECT (25 mins)
- Take children to the church for Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament/Benediction
- Distribute and go over the Session 12 Homework Notification Sheet asking parents to help their child to memorize (take to heart) Commandments 4-7.
- Closing prayer
Leave a Reply