With Thanksgiving upon us, I thought it would be a good time for us catechists to pause and give thanks for so many blessings that we have. Here are 10 things that I think catechists can be thankful for, and I invite you to add to the list.
- For those we are privileged to teach.
- For our fellow catechists and catechetical leaders.
- For quality print and online resources from our Catholic publishers.
- For the guidance of the Holy Spirit in our planning and preparation.
- For those moments when we can tell that a lightbulb has gone on.
- For those ideas we tried that failed and taught us a valuable lesson.
- For pastors and bishops who support us in our efforts to collaborate with them.
- For those who mentored us into this ministry.
- For those who called us into this ministry.
- For the vocation of being a catechist and serving Jesus Christ.
Image by woodleywonderworks under CC BY 2.0.
For the times a student comes back after moving to another grade to tell us something he/she remembered from our class.
Very thankful for you, Joe. You encourage and shine a light and for that there are many for are very grateful…..