In today’s Pop-Up Catechesis episode, we explore the value of spending some time in quiet. During this time of sheltering-at-home, the isolation we are experiencing may tempt us to surround ourselves with noise and stimulation. And while it is good to be engaged in activity, let’s not lose sight of the fact that this is an opportunity to cultivate the practice of encountering God’s presence in the quiet. It is especially important for us to teach the value of silence to children, who are typically bombarded by so much noise in their lives.
For more information about the value of quiet, silence, and solitude, check out these resources:
- Encountering God in the Silence—Shhh!
- Four Ways to Encourage Silence
- Silence Is Golden (In Honor of St. Joseph)
- Shhh…God Is in the Silence
- The Power of Silent Prayer
- Breathing in the Silence
- Praying in Silence
- The Power of Silence and How to Help Kids Find More of It
Learn about the book Shhh . . . God Is in the Silence (English and bilingual versions available) and find related activities for children at www.godisinthesilence.com.