Parents and children are no doubt eager to catch a break from all of the screen time that comes with working and schooling from home during the pandemic. The Christmas holidays provide just the kind of respite that is so needed—an opportunity for families to gather around something other than a computer screen! I’d like to suggest reading books as a family as the perfect option for the Christmas holidays. Loyola Press is making that easy for parents to accomplish through the 12 Books of Christmas pack!
Families can celebrate the 12 Days of Christmas by enjoying a special book each day of the season. These beautiful books appeal to children of all ages, some with specific Christmas messages and others exploring Catholic themes unlimited by the calendar. This is a perfect gift for a special family, whether your own or your neighbor’s.
The 12 Books of Christmas pack includes new and favorite children’s books at significant savings over purchasing these books separately. Click through for full descriptions of the books and links to activities to accompany many of the titles.
- The Shepherd’s Story by Jimmy Dunne
- Leo’s Gift by Susan Blackaby and Joellyn Cicciarelli
- A Gift for the Christ Child by Linda Schlafer
- The Christmas Play by Carol Lynn Pearson
- Dear Pope Francis by Pope Francis
- Shhh…God Is in the Silence by Fiona Basile
- Do the Angels Watch Close By? by Mary Joslin and Danuta Mayer
- Mary, Mother of Jesus by Mary Joslin and Alison Wisenfeld
- God Is Love by Mary Joslin and Tom Saeker
- Who Laid the Cornerstone of the World? by Ann Pilling
- Everyone Belongs by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Loyola Kids Book of Bible Stories by Amy Welborn
Use promo code 5296 to purchase the 12 Books of Christmas for only $100!
Studies show that reading aloud is beneficial for children and parents: parents feel more competent and less stressed, while children benefit from cognitive development, reduction in behavioral problems, and increase in vocabulary, concentration, and attention spans. Most importantly, reading books aloud creates a bond of intimacy between children and parents (or grandparents, godparents, older siblings, etc.)—and that is priceless!
This discounted collection of products is not available to bookstores, resellers, or wholesalers.