During the season of Lent, we reflect on the suffering and Death of Jesus. This is a good time to introduce or review the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary. In addition to teaching children how to pray the Rosary, invite them to do a Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary Scripture Search.
- Download the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary Scripture Search reproducible and answer key using the form below.
- Introduce the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary to the young people. Information on the Mysteries of the Rosary can be found in the Prayers and Practices of Our Faith section of Finding God or the What Catholics Should Know section of Christ Our Life.
- Provide the young people with Bibles.
- Invite young people to complete the chart on the reproducible, perhaps inviting them to work in groups, each one focusing on one Gospel.
- After young people have located the Scripture passages, invite groups to report to the large group, reading their passages aloud.