One of the things that we learned from the experience of the pandemic over the last few years was how to assist parents at home with the faith formation of their children. This help often took the form of providing parents with digital resources they could use at home with their children, utilizing them when their schedules allow quality time for faith formation.
First Eucharist is one of the primary moments in the life of a family when we need to do all we can to assist parents in preparing their children to receive Jesus in Holy Communion. In addition to making children’s books available in digital format, Loyola Press also made available in digital format the video component of the God’s Gift: Eucharist and Reconciliation programs. There are five video segments per sacrament that are available in online streaming format:
- Dramas—The essence of each sacrament is presented through a heartwarming story of family and friends. (Reconciliation Sample / Eucharist Sample)
- Informational/How-To Videos—I lead viewers through an explanation of the rite, along with what to expect, and help families walk step by step through each sacrament. (Reconciliation Sample / Eucharist Sample)
- Chapter-by-Chapter Tracks—Master catechists share key faith concepts through engaging mini-lessons that follow the Child’s Book chapter by chapter. (Reconciliation Sample / Eucharist Sample)
- Personal Testimonials—Catholics of all ages share real-life stories of the grace they found in celebrating each sacrament. (Reconciliation Sample / Eucharist Sample)
- Prayers and Practices—Tutorials help children take to heart prayers and practices of our faith, including the Lord’s Prayer, the Ten Commandments, the Beatitudes, and the Act of Contrition. (Reconciliation Sample / Eucharist Sample)
Let’s continue to do all we can to equip and empower parents to walk with their children on their faith formation journey, especially as they prepare to receive Jesus in the Eucharist!