Pope Francis has announced that the Church will celebrate a Jubilee Year in 2025, with the theme of “Pilgrims of Hope.” In preparation for the Jubilee Year, Pope Francis is asking Catholics to prepare by dedicating time in the following manner:
- 2023: Study the documents of the Second Vatican Council.
- 2024: Focus on prayer.
Now that 2023 is upon us, we would do well to turn our attention to the documents of the Second Vatican Council, in particular, the four constitutions issued by Vatican II:
- Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy (Sacrosanctum Concilium)
- Dogmatic Constitution on the Church (Lumen Gentium)
- Dogmatic Constitution on Divine Revelation (Dei Verbum)
- Pastoral Constitution on the Church in the Modern World (Gaudium et Spes)
To assist in the study of these documents, the Vatican is making available simple, user-friendly guides which, as far as I can tell right now, have yet to be translated into English. Stay tuned. In the meantime, take advantage of these simple and user-friendly resources that flow from the spirit of these documents:
- Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy—Living the Mass: How One Hour a Week Can Change Your Life
- Dogmatic Constitution on the Church—A Well-Built Faith: A Catholic’s Guide to Knowing and Sharing What We Believe
- Dogmatic Constitution on the Divine Revelation—The Bible Blueprint: A Catholic’s Guide to Understanding and Embracing God’s Word
- Pastoral Constitution on the Church in the Modern World—A Church on the Move: 52 Ways to Get Mission and Mercy in Motion
Leave a Reply