When eating out at a restaurant, we have so many choices to make from the menu! Unfortunately, we sometimes make choices that we later regret.
In a similar way, life offers us many choices for satisfying our spiritual hunger. Some of the things we say “yes” to, however, are not always the best choices, and we end up regretting them later. When we go to Mass, the priest, deacon, or Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion offers us something to satisfy our hungry heart: the Body of Christ and the Blood of Christ. Our response, “Amen,” is our declaration that, of all the options that life offers us, this is indeed the only food and drink that will satisfy our spiritual hunger and thirst. In this episode of Pop-Up Catechesis, we explore what it means to say, “Amen,” to the invitation to receive the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist: a choice we will never regret!
For more about how the Eucharist satisfies our hungers, check out the following links:
- Living the Sacraments: Finding God at the Intersection of Heaven and Earth
- Living the Mass: How One Hour a Week Can Change Your Life
- 3-Minute Retreat: Our Deepest Hungers
- Hungering for the Day of First Holy Communion
- Seek Nourishment, Satisfaction, in the Eucharist, Pope Says
- Pope Francis: The Eucharist Satisfies Our Every Hunger
Leave a Reply