As catechists, we work with the Holy Spirit to form disciples of Jesus Christ. With that in mind, we’ve been devoting some attention to the concept of discipleship. I can think of no one better to turn to than Fr. Brice Higginbotham, author of Remaining with Jesus: Discipleship in the Gospel of John. Fr. Higginbotham has been recording short videos while pursuing a Licentiate in Sacred Scripture at the Pontifical Biblical Institute in Rome. In this segment, Fr. Brice explains what the Eucharist has to do with discipleship.
For more information about discipleship and the Eucharist, check out the following links:
- Remaining with Jesus: Discipleship in the Gospel of John
- Understanding Discipleship: A Webinar with Fr. Brice Higginbotham
- Catechists as Mystagogues: Apprenticing Others into Discipleship
- What Does Discipleship Look Like for Children?
- The Seven Ds of Discipleship series by Julianne Stanz
- Living the Mass: How One Hour a Week Can Change Your Life
- Living the Sacraments: Finding God at the Intersection of Heaven and Earth