As I mentioned in a previous post, I am preparing a lesson on the Sacraments of Initiation for this Monday evening and plan to connect it to our study of the Old Testament, in particular, the Exodus/Passover story.
As part of that, I put together a review of the Exodus/Passover story – 10 pictures from the Exodus story that need to be placed in order - that can be used in one of 2 ways:
- I plan to project the review (in a Word document) on the screen and invite students to come forward and, using my laptop, “drag” the images and drop them into the boxes in the correct order on screen and then have volunteers re-tell the whole story using the images to illustrate the story.
- If you don’t have an LCD projector, you can print out the page and have the students cut and paste the images in the correct order to tell the story.
Here is the Word document that shows the images in random order at the bottom of the page and the empty boxes at the top of the page where they are to be dragged and dropped: Exodus Review Word Document
Here is the PDF showing the correct order the images should be in: Exodus Review PDF – Correct Order
The pictures illustrate the following “moments” in the story:
- The Hebrew people as slaves in Egypt
- Moses and the burning bush
- Moses before Pharaoh
- The Ten Plagues
- The blood of the lamb on the doorposts
- The Passover meal
- Hebrews march out of Egypt
- The parting of the Red Sea
- The destruction of Pharoah’s army
- The Hebrews rejoice
I’ll use this as a lead-in to talking about the Sacraments in Initiation…more on that later!