As we continue viewing 5th grade catechist Nick Yonto’s session, we now reach the point where class is formally beginning with prayer. Watch for the following:
- Nick’s aide arrives with the prayer cloth and they re-arrange the prayer table.
- The children gather around the prayer table for announcements and prayer (remember, I’m not showing children’s faces in order to protect their privacy)
- The prayer is led over the PA…the children’s responsorial response is printed on the board.
- Nick models for the children how to participate in the prayer and then sends them back to their seats to get ready for the lesson.
- What type of prayer table do you arrange and how is it used in your sessions?
- Do you lead prayer on your own or is there a communal prayer gathering or a prayer done over the PA?
- What elements are included in your opening prayer experiences? (song, silence, Scripture, responsorial psalm, reflection, etc).