In this segment of Catechists in Action, fifth-grade catechist Nick Yonto wraps up his lesson on the Eucharist. Watch for the following as Nick:
- invites the children to remember the story of the two disciples on the road to Emmaus and prods them to re-construct the story.
- emphasizes how Jesus is recognized in the breaking of the bread and links the discussion to the BIG IDEA of his class: Eucharist.
- invites the children imagine they were one of the disciples on the road to emmaus.
- makes space for his aide to join in as a co-teacher.
- has the children read from the text book one last time and has the children add the words REAL PRESENCE to their vocabulary list.
- How do you integrate story-telling into your lessons?
- How do you help your learners to use their imaginations to enter into the story?
- How can you/do you utilize an aide in your lessons? Do you have a co-catechist? How does that work?