By now, I’m sure you have heard about Fr. Bob Barron’s Catholicism series which has been airing on PBS around the country and is available as a DVD series. This epic series tells our story with great depth and beauty and will serve as a valuable resource for evangelization and catechesis for years to come.
I invited Fr. Barron to share some thoughts on how Catholicism can be used in catechesis and he was kind enough to put together this brief video sharing some of his thoughts on the following:
- What prompted you to create Catholicism?
- How can Catholicism be used for catechesis?
- What are the greatest challenges for catechesis in our time?
- How would you envision Catholicism and its study program being used in a parish or school?
- What is your hope for Catholicism in terms of the Church?
- What is “the Catholic thing?”
- In filming the series, what impressed you most about the global church?
I would add to Fr. Barron’s ideas the suggestion of using Catholicsm for catechist formation, especially for veteran catechists who are looking to move to a deeper level of understanding of their faith.
Thanks, Fr. Barron, for this great series, and thanks for sharing your thoughts with readers of Catechist’s Journey!