In this segment of Catechists in Action, 8th grade catechist Chris Brett talks to his students about their recent Confirmation. Watch for the following:
- Chris asks them about Fr. Matt’s visit the previous week
- Chris asks about their Confirmation: the bishop’s homily, his vestments, whether everyone showed up, etc.
- Notice how relaxed and free-flowing the conversation is. Occassionally, Chris needs to “shush” them but it is just a gentle reminder to not all talk at once.
- Chris asks what their Confirmation ultimately means to them. Notice how the kids are pretty quick to respond.
- Chris inquires about whether or not the bishop asked them questions and again the kids are quick to share what happened.
- Chris does a nice job of responding to the kids and reacting to their responses with interest and enthusiasm.
- Chris wraps up this discussion by emphasizing that they are now “apostles” (probably better to say “disciples” but the point is made!) and one of the kids lets out a good-natured “whoo-hoo!”