In this segment of Catechists in Action, 7th grade catechist Len Astrowski talks about what he likes about his students and what it means to him to be a catechist. Watch for the following:
- Len talks about the great job his kids do of settling in to his class after a long day at school
- Len says that he really doesn’t have discipline problems with this group other than a little talking here and there and that they are a great class.
- Len explains that he’s been a catechist for 8 years, is now 73 years old, and hopes to continue teaching, God willing.
- Len shares from his heart what it means to be a catechist and gets the kids to quiet down and to listen up to his story
- The kids come forward with their books and then Len invites them to face the crucifix and to join in prayer
- Len includes a special intention that one of the students asked for, prays for all of their needs, and sends them off with God’s blessing.
- Len happily concludes, “well, we got through it, Joe!” all the while smiling and with just as much enthusiasm as when he began his class, if not more!
Leave a Reply