In this segment of Catechists in Action, we meet seventh-grade catechist Len Astrowski, the husband of the Director of Religious Education at Most Holy Redeemer Parish in Evergreen Park, IL. After leaving Chris Brett’s class, we headed straight over to Len’s class and walked in during the middle of his session. Watch for the following:
- Len introduces me to his class. (He had my name on the board and alerted the kids to the fact that I would be arriving at some point.)
- I take a moment to explain to the kids what I am up to.
- Len jumps right back into his lesson on the Resurrection.
- Len interacts with the kids about the Resurrection and responds with enthusiasm to their comments.
- Len introduces a recording of the story of the disciples on the road to Emmaus (from the Finding God program) and invites the young people to listen as his aide turns on the CD player.