In this segment of Catechists in Action, seventh-grade catechist Len Astrowski leads a discussion on the Eucharist. Watch for the following:
- Len reviews the main points of the chapter on Eucharist with his students, asking them to identify the main points that were covered.
- Notice how Len gently pushes the student responding to take his answer further.
- Len talks about the fast-food phenomenon and uses that to contrast with the importance of the Eucharist.
- Len asks point blank “what is the Eucharist” and gently prods one student to answer but then backs off when it is obvious she is coming up empty.
- Len focuses on Jesus’ words at the Last Supper—the “institution narrative.”
Leave a Reply