In this segment of Catechists in Action, 7th grade catechist Len Astrowski discusses the Sacraments of Initiation with his class. Watch for the following:
- Len asks if anyone can recall the 3 Sacraments of Initiation
- a student responds correctly
- Len joyfully and enthusiastically affirms her correct answer!!!
- Len reviews other important points from the chapter, explains them in his own words, and asks students to explain their understanding. This is a good example of informal assessment: Len is assessing in general whether or not his students understand and can explain what they have learned.
- Len gives his students something to think about with relation to the Eucharist: one thing they will do during the week to share Christ’s presence with others.
- Len speaks from the heart about how we can do this.
Leave a Reply