Mark your calendars and make plans to attend the Los Angeles Religious Education Congress, which takes place this March 21–24, 2019. I recently had the joy and privilege of getting together with a team of amazingly talented co-presenters as we planned and prepared for our “extravaganza” on Saturday, March 23, from 3:00–4:30 pm (session 6-22): How to Renew, Re-energize, and Transform Your Parish NOW! We will be drawing from my book, A Church on the Move: 52 Ways to Get Mission and Mercy in Motion.
I will also be doing a solo presentation drawing from my most recent book, Living the Sacraments: Finding God at the Intersection of Heaven and Earth, on Friday, March 22, from 10:00–11:30 am (session 1-15).
Loyola Press will also be sponsoring a number of other outstanding and talented people, who will be offering some exciting and engaging workshops to benefit you in your ministry and in your own spiritual life:
- Dr. Ansel Augustine—Justice to and from the Peripheries (session 8-03)
- Becky Eldredge, author of Busy Lives & Restless Souls—Thirsting for R.E.S.T. (session 2-08) and Quenching Others’ Thirst (session 7-08)
- Jayne Ragasa-Mondoy, author of Cultivating Your Catechists (The Effective Catechetical Leader series)—Take Five: Basic Principles for Cultivating Catechists (session 4-19) and What’s Your Story? A Personal Engagement Process for Parish Leadership (session 7-20)
- Dr. Veronica Rayas—Inspirando a la juventud “iGen” como discípulos misioneros (session 8-57)
- Julianne Stanz, author of Developing Disciples of Christ (The Effective Catechetical Leader series) and co-author (with yours truly) of The Catechist’s Backpack: Spiritual Essentials for the Journey—Reclaiming the Fire of Parish Life (session 3-23) and GDC…NDC…Easy as 1,2,3 (session 4-21)
While you’re there, be sure to stop by the beautiful Loyola Press exhibit in the Exhibit Hall!
Would love to attend.Can persons outside of the US attend? I’m in Guyana South America and hehe been following Catechists Journey for some time now. If at all this is possible..kindly send me an invite. Oh I too work in Religuous Education for the Diocese of Georgetown Guyana.