Mark your calendars and make plans to attend the Los Angeles Religious Education Congress, which takes place this March 21–24, 2019. I recently had the joy and privilege of getting together with a team of amazingly talented co-presenters as we planned and prepared for our “extravaganza” on Saturday, March 23, from 3:00–4:30 pm (session 6-22): How to Renew, Re-energize, and Transform Your Parish NOW! We will be drawing from my book, A Church on the Move: 52 Ways to Get Mission and Mercy in Motion.
I will also be doing a solo presentation drawing from my most recent book, Living the Sacraments: Finding God at the Intersection of Heaven and Earth, on Friday, March 22, from 10:00–11:30 am (session 1-15).
Loyola Press will also be sponsoring a number of other outstanding and talented people, who will be offering some exciting and engaging workshops to benefit you in your ministry and in your own spiritual life:
- Dr. Ansel Augustine—Justice to and from the Peripheries (session 8-03)
- Becky Eldredge, author of Busy Lives & Restless Souls—Thirsting for R.E.S.T. (session 2-08) and Quenching Others’ Thirst (session 7-08)
- Jayne Ragasa-Mondoy, author of Cultivating Your Catechists (The Effective Catechetical Leader series)—Take Five: Basic Principles for Cultivating Catechists (session 4-19) and What’s Your Story? A Personal Engagement Process for Parish Leadership (session 7-20)
- Dr. Veronica Rayas—Inspirando a la juventud “iGen” como discípulos misioneros (session 8-57)
- Julianne Stanz, author of Developing Disciples of Christ (The Effective Catechetical Leader series) and co-author (with yours truly) of The Catechist’s Backpack: Spiritual Essentials for the Journey—Reclaiming the Fire of Parish Life (session 3-23) and GDC…NDC…Easy as 1,2,3 (session 4-21)
While you’re there, be sure to stop by the beautiful Loyola Press exhibit in the Exhibit Hall!