You know what it’s like to have a mosquito bite that you want so badly to scratch! Of course, the more you scratch, the more it itches and, eventually, you risk breaking the skin. It’s not easy to avoid the temptation to scratch such an itch. Similarly, in life, we sometimes grow restless or “develop an itch” that we are tempted to scratch in a variety of ways, not all of them healthy. These temptations are always around us. In this episode of Pop-Up Catechesis, we prepare for the First Sunday of Lent and the Gospel story of Jesus’ temptation in the desert (Mark 1:12–15) by exploring the reality of temptations and how to deal with them.
For more information about dealing with temptations, check out these resources:
- What Scratches Your Itch?
- 7 Keys to Spiritual Wellness
- The Serpent and Temptation: “He Kept Coming at Her”
- Lenten Activities: Avoiding Temptations
- Overcoming Temptations of Daily Life
- Sunday Connection: First Sunday of Lent, Year B
- Arts and Faith: First Sunday of Lent, Cycle B
- Overcoming Our Temptations
- Good Habits and the Examen