We continue our series, A Walk Through the Mass, as we explore the Homily.
Take a look at this well-known company logo.
Do you see the arrow in the logo? If not, go back and look again and focus your attention between the E and the x.
Aha! Now do you see it? You may have even reacted by saying, “Oh!” or “Aha!” out loud when it suddenly “appeared.” The arrow was there all along, but many of us are unaware of it until it is pointed out to us. Once we see it, we will never look at the logo in the same way.
Ideally, this is what the Homily at Mass is supposed to do for us: help us look at life in a new light—the light of the Gospel—so that we recognize God’s saving grace in our lives. Once we recognize God’s grace in our midst, we will never look at life in the same way!
In this episode of Pop-Up Catechesis, we take a closer look at how the Homily helps us to see life in a new light.
For more information about the Homily and the transforming power of grace, check out the following links:
- Living the Mass: How One Hour a Week Can Change Your Life
- Living the Sacraments: Finding God at the Intersection of Heaven and Earth
- Discovering the Nearness of God: What’s Come Over You?
- Believing Is Seeing
- Unleash Your Imagination
- A Homily: Dare to Look Inside Yourself
- 8 Elements of a Phenomenal Homily