I’m thrilled to announce that my new book, 8 Steps to Energize Your Faith, is now available!
I am convinced that holiness is achieved by emulating (resembling) God and that, when we do, we tap into divine energy. In this book, I name eight characteristics of God that God has revealed to us in Scripture and point out how, when we emulate those characteristics in our daily living, we step into a stream of living water that pulls us along and energizes our soul. As people made in the image and likeness of God, we are heirs to God’s abundant graces, which we can begin enjoying now by living in the imago Dei.
Here are the eight characteristics of God that we can emulate in our everyday lives:
- God is a creator. God’s first act is to create all of reality. We can tap into divine energy by being creative.
- God delights in his creation. God states that everything he made is “good.” We can tap into divine energy by delighting in nature and all of creation.
- God appreciates simplicity. God asks us to unclutter our lives and get rid of anything that makes it hard to encounter him. We can tap into divine energy by simplifying our lives.
- God is relational. God is community (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). We can tap into divine energy by building and celebrating relationships.
- God is compassionate. God’s primary characteristic is compassion for those who are suffering or vulnerable. We can tap into divine energy by showing compassion.
- God fixes things. God seeks to mend, heal, and rescue. We can tap into divine energy by making repairs.
- God is generous and selfless. God’s love is expressed most powerfully in Jesus, selflessly laying down his life for us. We can tap into divine energy by sharing generously and selflessly.
- God is—he just IS! We can tap into divine energy by being still.
I hope you enjoy reading 8 Steps to Energize Your Faith as much as I enjoyed writing it!