As catechists, we work with the Holy Spirit to form disciples of Jesus Christ. With that in mind, we’ve been devoting attention to the concept of discipleship with help from Fr. Brice Higginbotham, author of Remaining with Jesus: Discipleship in the Gospel of John. In the below video, Fr. Brice explains what Jesus’ command to “love one another” has to do with discipleship.
For more information about discipleship and our call to love one another, check out the following links:
- Remaining with Jesus: Discipleship in the Gospel of John
- Understanding Discipleship: A Webinar with Fr. Brice Higginbotham
- Catechists as Mystagogues: Apprenticing Others into Discipleship
- What Does Discipleship Look Like for Children?
- The Seven Ds of Discipleship series by Julianne Stanz
- On Love
- An Invitation to Love