In this segment of Catechists in Action, 8th grade catechist Chris Brett discusses that Sunday’s Gospel reading of the story of the Transfiguration of Jesus. Watch for the following:
- Chris reminds them that the Transfiguration is one of the Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary
- Chris asks the young people what they think the Apostles were thinking and what they themselves would have thought if they were present at the Transfiguration.
- Chris has his aide record their reactions on the board.
- One young lady responds, “flabergasted!” as her reaction if she were present at the Transfiguration.
- Chris talks about how, if the Apostles could send text messages back then, one of them would have texted OMG (in response to one of the students who said that would be his/her reaction!)