In this segment of Catechists in Action, 8th grade catechist Chris Brett is discussing with his recently confirmed class about how they can use their gifts to serve the community. Watch for the following:
- one of the students states, “become a catechist” as one way to use your gifts to serve others
- Chris asks the kids if they know how much money he makes each week serving as a catechist! 🙂
- Chris asks the kids why they think he serves as a catechist with no pay and they respond with “because it’s fun!” and “because you love us!” which Chris jokes about. Great banter with his students!
- One student explains that he does it because he wants to share what he knows with others.
- Chris tells the story of how he became a catechist and tells the students this will happen to them some day.
- Chris concludes by talking about receiving the Body and Blood of Christ at Confirmation.